OmniPage 18 Education
Don’t just convert your documents; transform them with OmniPage® 18 innovations. OmniPage 18 is the fastest and most precise way to convert paper, PDF files and even digital camera pictures into files you can edit in your favourite PC applications. It works with virtually all scanners and you can capture text with a digital camera, iPhone® or iPad® 2. OmniPage 18 lets you turn documents that would take hours to retype into perfectly formatted documents in seconds. You can even automatically receive and convert scans and pictures of documents from your devices through Microsoft Outlook email. OmniPage 18 is ideal for students, home office and small businesses.
Important notice before purchasing. Proof of academic status required to install product. You will be required to validate your educational status.Visit http://www.nuance.co.uk/educationvalidation for more information.
OmniPage 18 is our entry-level scanning, document conversion and OCR productivity application. It delivers the most accurate document conversion available, turning paper and PDF files into electronic files that you can edit, search and share. OmniPage 18 ensures that your converted electronic documents look exactly like the original – complete with text, graphics, columns, tables and more.
Superior OCR accuracy
Improved OCR engines deliver superior accuracy for document conversion and archiving business-critical documents.
Maintain perfect formatting
Converted documents look exactly like the original and are easier to edit than ever before, complete with columns, tables, bullets and graphics.
Simply the easiest to use
Converting documents doesn’t have to be complicated. The Quick Convert View gets it done in seconds – without the need to learn a lot of options and tools.
Convert documents in the cloud
Convert documents stored in Windows Live SkyDrive, GoogleDocs, Evernote, Dropbox and many more. Includes the Nuance Cloud Connector powered by Gladinet.
Unlock PDF files
Turn any PDF file into your favourite PC application for easy editing. You can also scan documents into searchable versions of these formats for instant access by desktop search utilities.
Works with virtually any scanner
If your device can scan, then it can work with OmniPage. Mobile scanners, desktop scanners, all-in-one devices and multi-function printers all work more productively and with better accuracy using OmniPage.
A picture is worth a thousand words
Capture text with a digital camera or iPhone®. Quickly convert your pictures to text documents with the Nuance’s most accurate 3D correction technology.
Send to Amazon® Kindle®
Scan a document, automatically convert into a readable format and send it to the Kindle® electronic book reader in one easy step.
Supports all your favourite applications
Supports the widest range of output formats including PDF, HTML, Corel® WordPerfect®, Microsoft® Word, Excel® and PowerPoint® (pptx) plus many more formats.
Recognises over 120 languages
Process, edit and store documents from anywhere in the world. OmniPage includes the recognition of languages based on the Latin-, Greek- and Cyrillic alphabets as well as the Chinese, Japanese and Korean languages.
- Amazing 67% increase in layout accuracy
- 34% increase in character accuracy on scanned halftone images
- 20% increase in Japanese symbol accuracy
- 27% average speed increase in processing multi-page documents
- 62% improvement in compression on Searchable PDF-MRC files without loosing character accuracy
Additionally, If you are upgrading from version 17, you benefit from the following innovations.
- Start Page provides guidance
When OmniPage opens, it presents clear options to open or scan documents or to open OmniPage Project Documents. OmniPage also provides pre-programmed workflows to take your documents from one format to another in one easy step.
- Receive scans and images from your devices via email
Scan-to-email or picture-to-email are quickly becoming the most popular ways to capture and share documents directly from devices. If you use Microsoft Outlook on your desktop PC, you can have OmniPage monitor your email, open the image of your document and convert it for you in one, automatic step. It’s the fastest, most productive way to capture and covert documents on the go.
- Most productive and accurate searchable PDF designed for the small law practice – eDiscovery Assistant for searchable PDF
PDF files are everywhere and can come from a variety of sources. They can include scanned pages, embedded images and other types of information. Yet many of these elements don’t include searchable text. The new eDiscovery Assistant for searchable PDF is a revolution in safely converting a single PDF or batches of PDFs of all types into completely searchable documents. Now you don’t have to open PDF files one by one or use an OCR process that might unintentionally wipe out valuable information.
- Connect and convert in the cloud
Download input files from web storage sites and return recognition results there. OmniPage provides native integration with Evernote® and Dropbox. In addition, the included Nuance® Cloud Connector application provides access to a number of cloud services including Windows Live SkyDrive, GoogleDocs, Box.net and many more. The added benefit of the Nuance Cloud Connector is its ability to integrate directly with Microsoft Windows, providing easy drag-and-drop access directly to cloud services. The Nuance Cloud Connector is also upgradeable to a more feature-rich version of the product called Gladinet Cloud Desktop Pro. This enhanced version adds additional functionality for using cloud services for automatic backup and file synchronisation.
- Better scanned images produces better accuracy – improved pre-processing
The algorithms for removing speckles and dots from page images to help increase accuracy are improved, with a choice of despeckling methods (Normal, Halftone, Salt & Pepper).
- Poorly scanned images need OmniPage with scanner enhancement tools (SET™ tools)
When whiteboard content is captured by digital camera, the text and diagrams can be enhanced for maximum readability. You can auto-crop pages to detect and reduce margins or use the punch-hole remover and border tools to produce clean page borders without scanning shadows and margin notes.
- Automatic language detection
Let the program assign a single language to each incoming page during unattended processing. It chooses from the languages with dictionary support that use a Latin-based alphabet, plus Japanese, Korean and Chinese (Traditional and Simplified). When this feature is enabled, no manual language selection is necessary.
- Better control over determining blank pages
A new sensitivity setting increases the accuracy of recognising blank pages that may scan as light gray or coloured pages by allowing the threshold for blankness to be adjusted. This improves the use of two controls: the new pre-processing option, “Drop blank pages” and the existing save option “Create a new file at each blank page.”
- ISIS scanners:
Scanners that support ISIS drivers can be used to scan directly into OmniPage.
- Windows 8 32-bit or 64-bit editions, Windows 7 32-bit or 64-bit editions, Windows Vista 32-bit or 64-bit editions with Service Pack 2, Windows XP 32-bit edition with Service Pack 3.
- A computer with a 1 GHz Intel® Pentium® or higher or equivalent processor. Multi-core processor recommended for advanced performance.
- 512 MB of memory, 1 GB recommended for advanced performance.
- 250 MB of free hard disk space for the application files and sample images, plus 100 MB working space during installation. An additional 230 MB for RealSpeak™ Solo speech modules. 30 MB for Nuance Cloud Connector.
- 1024x768 pixel colour monitor with 16-bit colour or greater video card.
- CD-ROM drive for installation.
- WIA, TWAIN or ISIS scanner driver.
- 2-megapixel digital camera with auto focus or higher for digital camera text capture.
- Web access needed for online Activation, Registration, Live Update and Nuance Cloud Connectors.
Note: Performance and speed will be enhanced if your computer’s processor, memory and available disk space exceed minimum requirements. This is especially true when converting very large colour PDF files.