Note: the price you see here is for a single product in this package. Your shopping cart will reflect the full package price of $159.99.
About PTC Mathcad
PTC Mathcad is the industry standard software for solving, analyzing, and sharing your most vital engineering calculations. Its live mathematical notation, units intelligence, and powerful calculation capabilities, presented within an easy-to-use interface, allows engineers and design teams to capture and communicate their critical design and engineering knowledge.
About PTC Mathcad Prime 3.0
PTC Mathcad Prime 3.0 has significantly improved its calculation capability to allow bigger problems to be solved, faster. With over 600 built-in mathematical functions and the unlimited ability to define your own, the ability to solve equations both numerically and symbolically, and the ability to solve complex systems of equations, PTC Mathcad supports your advanced engineering design exploration.
PTC Mathcad Prime 3.0 key capabilities and benefits :
- Global Definition
- Math in Text
- Math Formatting
- Custom Functions
- Advanced Numerics
- Excel Component
- Solving Capabilites
- Advanced Plotting
Learn more about each of these PTC Mathcad Prime 3.0 features in the "Key Features" tab.
About PTC Mathcad Student eLearning Library
PTC Mathcad Student eLearning Library features the essential topics that ensure rapid product adoption and enhance productivity.
- More than 30 hours of modular instruction
- Available in easily consumed 15-30 minute segments
- Encompasses all aspects of PTC Mathcad’s extensive functionality
- Continuous access from any computer, any time
- Engaging content utilizes in-depth descriptions, interactive examples, and hands-on exercises
- Global Definition- The Global Definition operator allows you to define and evaluate a variable anywhere in your worksheet without having to worry about calculation order. This makes both worksheet management and documentation presentation easier – constants and parameters can be defined as 'true' throughout your worksheet and can be placed close to the end result of the calculation (to support 'what if' analyses?), convenient for clear and concise presentation of your work.
- Math in Text- Live math can be inserted, pasted and moved anywhere within text to augment worksheet presentation with content that will update on upstream changes in calculation. By enabling math within text, PTC Mathcad Prime 3.0 allows you much greater scope with your worksheet presentation.
- Templates- PTC Mathcad Prime 3.0 Templates save you time and effort by providing the ability to define and organize desired content in such a way as to allow simple and structured re-use in creating new worksheets. Anything you can do with a worksheet, be it adding calculation content or changing documentation formatting, can be saved in a template. Documents can be standardized, IP can be captured and your desired format can be reused as often as you need. PTC supplies several default templates as examples that can be used as is or as a basis for your own templates. You can also create, edit and store personal or company defined templates in locations easy to configure and access through the software.
- Math Formatting-Math font, font size, color and highlight can be changed to suit personal, company or industry standard documentation expectations. You can now do things such as direct reader focus by highlighting important results, separate specific calculation elements by assigning them different colors and match text formatting to produce a more coherent reading experience for users of your worksheet. With both text and math formatting you get the full suite of formatting options for all your documentation needs.
- Custom Functions- PTC Mathcad Prime 3.0 comes fully loaded with hundreds of built-in functions that cover a multitude of engineering disciplines. With Custom Functions you can now write and integrate your own functions, customizing your working environment to suit whatever engineering needs you have. Whether you need specialized niche-market engineering content, use personally modified versions of existing functions or have an idea for a new function to optimize whatever engineering problem you may be working on, Custom Functions allows you to write and install those functions with the PTC Mathcad Prime 3.0 environment so you can access them in the worksheet and use them alongside existing content.
- Advanced Numeric- PTC Mathcad Prime 3.0 continues to improve calculation capabilities. Building on the improvements seen in Prime 2.0 (native 64-bit support, linear algebra, signal processing, just to name a few), Prime 3.0 adds new matrix decompositions functions: LU, QR and Cholesky. These functions replace the old lu, qr and cholesky counterparts. The new functions are up to 100 times faster, provide extended capability (such as pivoting, and complex number support) and return the result in easier to work with format.
- Excel Component- PTC Mathcad‘s Excel component was designed for exactly that problem. PTC Mathcad is the industry standard for engineering calculations because it saves you time, reduces risk and integrates with many tools you may already be using. The Excel component is extremely easy to use, and allows you to leverage data in existing spreadsheets. No messy conversion of data. No new tool to learn. When you combine the engineering power of PTC Mathcad with the familiarity of Excel's tabular data capabilities, you’ll save time and effort, improve visibility and sharing, and enjoy better integration with legacy systems.
- Symbolics- PTC Mathcad’s symbolic calculation functionality goes a long way toward making your job easier. Like many features in the software, it automates a task that is cumbersome, time-consuming and risky if done manually. With symbolics, you can set up the right form of a formula before plugging in the numbers. Routine updates to downstream computations are managed automatically, so your documents remain up to date even as your formulas change. Symbolic calculation even lets you put derivation steps that are often done on paper right in the document so it’s easy to read, easy to understand, and easy to verify
- Solving Capabilities- PTC Mathcad is easy to use, but it’s no simple calculator. Its advanced features, like solve blocks, make it a powerful engineering tool. The solve block capability lets you quickly and easily solve systems of linear, non-linear, and differential equations. It lets you solve any number of equations and unknown variables – you can analyze a wide variety of problems according to a set of constraints that you specify. Enter as much or as little information as you need to solve the problem. The software takes care of the rest. This saves you time, improves your accuracy, and lets you do more without additional programming or tools.
- Advanced Plotting- PTC Mathcad lets you do exactly that. It’s not an engineering design tool, but it can save you from late stage design changes, problems with prototyping, or making fast adjustments to changing customer requirements. 3-D plotting in PTC Mathcad is simple to use, and incredibly effective because it lets you work faster with fewer mistakes. Create a plot with the click of a button; both surface and curved based plots automatically rescale when you make adjustments to the data. Any engineer can easily manipulate, analyze and visualize complex data right in the worksheet. The result is a much more complete insight into the design intent, with better documentation of calculations and easier, more accurate verification and analysis.
PTC Mathcad Student eLearning Library
- Configuring Application Controls using Mathcad 14.0
- Creating E-books with Mathcad 14.0
- Design of Experiments using Mathcad 15.0
- Mathcad 14.0 - Application Orientation
- Mathcad 14.0 - Data Exchange and Analysis
- Mathcad 14.0 – Plotting
- Mathcad 14.0 - Intro to Basic Techniques
- Mathcad 14.0 - Programming Mathematical Expressions
- Mathcad 14.0 - Using Symbolics and Solving Equations
- Mathcad 14.0 - Working with Units
- Mathcad 15.0 Essentials
- Mathcad Prime 1.0 – Application Orientation
- Mathcad Prime 1.0 – Data Exchange and Analysis
- Mathcad Prime 1.0 – Plotting
- Mathcad Prime 1.0 – Programming Mathematical Expressions
- Mathcad Prime 1.0 – Solving Equations
- Mathcad Prime 1.0 – Working with Units
- Mathcad Prime 1.0 Integration with Creo Elements/Pro 5.0
- Using Advanced Formatting Techniques with Mathcad 14.0
- Using Advanced Plotting Techniques with Mathcad 14.0
- Using Advanced Programming Techniques with Mathcad 14.0
- Using Mathcad 14.0 with Pro/ENGINEER Wildfire 3.0
Check the information below to ensure that your hardware configuration meets those certified for PTC Mathcad:
- Pentium-compatible 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x86-64, EM64T) processor - 400 MHz or higher; 700+ MHz recommended
- Windows 7 (64- or 32-bit), Windows Vista (64- or 32-bit), Windows XP Professional (including 64-bit), or Windows XP Home
- 256 MB of RAM; 512 MB or more recommended
- 1.75 GB of hard disk space (300MB for Mathcad, 100MB for prerequisites, 1.4GB temporary space during installation)
- SVGA or higher graphics card and monitor
- Mouse or compatible pointing device
|Customer Type ||Eligible to Buy? ||Purchase Limit |
|Students ||Yes ||1 |
|Faculty ||No ||N/A |
|Universities ||No ||N/A |
|Commercial ||No ||N/A |
Mathcad Prime 3.0 Student Edition is available to current students whose intended use is for personal learning (not for teaching or research). Not available for labs or institutions. Academic ID is required for purchase.
Education Policies Student Edition
- For use on student-owned computers, class work only.
- For academic (non-commercial) research and/or teaching use only.
- For use on university-owned computers, class work only (no research).
Accepted Academic ID includes:
- Valid Student ID
- Letter or Registration Form from an accredited academic institution to confirm enrollment in a minimum nine-month certificate-granting program
Please either fax a copy of the Academic ID to 1-781-707-0900.
Or e-mail to email@example.com
If you are a professor/institution and are not eligible for the Mathcad Prime 3.0 Student Edition, please contact Contact PTC Mathcad Sales
Please indicate that you are purchasing and paying for your order as a student (indicate Educational – Student Use) during the billing process.